1. Install and activate the Stripe Payments plugin.
2. Go to Stripe Payments » Settings in your WordPress admin panel and enter your Stripe API keys . You can find these keys in your Stripe account under API Keys.
3. Select the Stripe Payment Method that you want to offer to customers at checkout. Currently, Stripe Payments supports Credit Card and SEPA Direct Debit payments.
4. That’s it! Your customers can now pay with their credit card or bank.
What is Stripe?
Stripe is a payment processor that allows you to accept payments online. Stripe makes it easy to accept credit card payments on your website or mobile app. Stripe also supports other popular payment methods such as SEPA Direct Debit, Alipay, and Apple Pay. Stripe is one of the most popular payment processors and is used by many big companies such as Facebook, Twitter, and Lyft. Stripe has also been voted the best payment processor by developers on Stack Overflow.
Stripe is available in over 20 countries and currently supports payments in 135 currencies. Stripe charges a fee of 1.45%-2.9% + $0.30 per transaction. Stripe also offers a variety of other features such as recurring payments, invoicing, and fraud prevention.
Which companies use Stripe:
– Stripe is also used by many small businesses and startups.
Who started Stripe:
Stripe was founded in 2010 by brothers Patrick and John Collison. Stripe is headquartered in San Francisco, California. Stripe has over 1,000 employees and is one of the most valuable private companies in the world with a valuation of over $35 billion.
Stripe's main features:
– Stripe Payments: Stripe makes it easy to accept credit card payments on your website or mobile app. Stripe also supports other popular payment methods such as SEPA Direct Debit, Alipay, and Apple Pay.
– Stripe Connect: Stripe Connect allows you to easily accept payments from customers and transfers the funds to your bank account.
– Stripe Billing: Stripe Billing helps you automate your recurring billing cycles and invoicing.
– Stripe Sigma: Stripe Sigma is a tool that allows you to easily create reports and analytics for your Stripe account.
– Stripe Radar: Stripe Radar helps you prevent fraud and chargebacks on your Stripe account.